11 years ago
Friday, February 5, 2010
Where are the stinkin' Fairies?
Remember when you were young and your mom would tell you to clean the house because the fairies aren't going to do it? Guess what? She was right. I have yet to see one fairy at my house! Since I have started working more, I cannot keep up on my housework. I try to do at least one load of laundry a day, but when you wash and DRY a RED crayon in a load of pants...it is not fun. That is what happened to me last Saturday. I opened the dryer to pull out the boys' pants, and lo and behold they looked like they had been to a paint ball field. RED paint ball field. It was melted onto everything, including the dryer drum, and including their one pair each of church pants. Yes, they should have more than one pair...but they don't. Cayden has a suit that I have been meaning to take to the cleaners because it is dirty. He keeps bugging me about it, too. It probably would have been a good idea...had I had time! Along with their church pants were some jeans and some sweatpants. They were impossible to save. It was so bad. And I was so mad! I had to go out that night and buy new church pants! Anyway, Corey has been good about helping keep the house picked up...a little. He's been really busy with work and Elders Quorum and also had to go out of town for a few days for work training. I do want to give him some credit though for his efforts. The kids kinda help out, too...kinda. But it's been a while since it has been really clean. Tomorrow is Cayden's birthday and everyone is coming over for dinner. Hopefully I will be able to clean at least the downstairs bathroom before they come. Not that I have a baby shower in the morning, a primary activity in the afternoon, and then everyone coming to dinner. Yeah, I'm sure I can fit in a clean bathroom somewhere in there. Maybe one of the birthday games we could play is "Let's see how many names we can write in the dust at Emily's house." I just really wish those stinkin' fairies would get here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment