11 years ago
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Bad News, Bad, Bad, Bad
I went to the ear, nose, and throat doctor on Friday because I've had a weird tonsil for a couple months now that isn't strep. I get strep often, but I haven't had it in about a year. My right tonsil is swollen and covered in whitish, yellowish spots. It doesn't hurt, I don't feel it, it doesn't bother me....but I knew it wasn't right. A couple of weeks before camp, I went to the doctor thinking it was strep but the tests came back negative. After medication, it did not make any difference. So, I finally made the appointment with the ENT and these are his exact words, "That is one weird looking tonsil, and I see a lot of weird looking tonsils. That needs to come out." DANG! I knew he was going to say that, but I agree. It needs to come out to figure out what's wrong with it. I have a nagging feeling that it isn't something to fool around with. So I am scheduled to have surgery on August 17th followed by a liquid, soft food diet....which could work to my advantage! Maybe a pound or two? Anyway, I am not excited in the least. Pray for me! I am so not looking forward to that! I've been collecting low fat recipes for home made frozen pops and smoothies so I am not tempted to eat ice cream! Poor wo is me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




okay, that doesn't sound like fun. Remember, no red jello or stuff. Get better soon.
ReplyDelete