Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Love Couponing!

Okay, I don't have a picture, but I wanted to share what I got tonight at Albertsons.  They say you aren't a true couponer until you take a picture of your groceries and post it on your blog to brag.  Well, I have taken pictures in the past, but haven't posted them.  This time, I'm just going to break it down for you.  Right now Albertson's has coupon booklets in the store that have 2 coupons on the back that are doublers.   That means you use that coupon with a manufacturer's coupon and it doubles the amount of the manufacturers coupon up to $1.  So this is what I did tonight:  (You can only  use 2 doublers in a single transaction, so I did 5 transactions!)

5 Packages of Tortillas
8 Jars Prego Pasta Sauce
2 Bags Salad
1 Package Cookies
1 Loaf French Bread
2 Bags Sunflower Seeds
4 Bags of Variety of Chips (For lunches)
All of this for a grand total of $30.35!  Actually, one of the tortillas I grabbed the wrong kind.  I got the ones that weren't on sale, so actually I spent $1 too much.  But over all, pretty dang cool!  It would have been a lot lower if I hadn't have bought the chips, but I am saving them for school lunches and Disneyland (which we are going at the end of September).   I have more doubler coupons to use tomorrow, but I have to do it in sections because I don't want to mess up....like grab the wrong kind of tortillas!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of couponing! I frequent a few different coupon sites, but my favorite one to plan grocery shopping trips is Grocery Smarts. Do you use it?

    http://www.grocerysmarts.com/nevada/lists/indexg89gen.php?a89lb2

    I also love Pinching Your Pennies, which links their deals to Grocery Smarts.

    http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what I need to do, since I don't need bulk, is come shop at YOUR house!!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do watch grocery smarts and some other blogs too. I just found pinching your pennies. I like other people to tell me where the deals are to be found because I don't have time to find them myself! Only a few times I have found a deal all by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one crazy lady!! Great shopping!

    ReplyDelete